10 Beautiful Life Lessons From ‘How I Met Your Mother’
1. “The future is scary but you can’t just run back to the past because it’s familiar. Yes, it’s tempting, but it’s a mistake.” — Robin Scherbatsky
You don’t want to stay in the wrong relationship (or run back to your ex) because of your history together. You deserve to be with someone who fits you perfectly, so don’t settle for whoever happens to be around because it’s easier than staying single.
2. “The biggest mistake would be not to make that mistake, because then you’ll go your whole life not knowing if something was a mistake or not.” — Lily Aldrin
Life is about taking risks. You can’t always play it safe. Yes, there’s a chance that you’ll end up failing or getting rejected, but at least you gave your dreams a shot. At least you were brave enough to put yourself out there.
3. “I don’t know where I’m gonna be in five years. I don’t wanna know. I want my life to be an adventure.” — Robin Scherbatsky
You have to stop worrying about timelines and setting plans for your future self. Even though you’ve been pressured to know what you want from a young age, it’s okay to live in the moment and figure things out as you go.
4. “If you’re not scared, then you’re not taking a chance. If you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing anyway?” – Ted Mosby
Fear isn’t always a negative. Sometimes it’s a sign you’re heading in the right direction. Sometimes it means the goal you’re attempting to reach matters. It means you’re really listening to your heart.
5. “Because sometimes even if you know how something’s gonna end, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride.” — Ted Mosby
Some loves are temporary, but that doesn’t mean they are meaningless. You should enjoy every single moment, even if you can see the expiration date. Your relationship (or career or friendship) might not last, but you can still have fun while it does.
6. “Aren’t you tired of waiting for destiny, Ted? Isn’t it time to make your own destiny?” – Robin Scherbatsky
You don’t have to sit around waiting for good things to happen to you. You should actively chase after what you want. Stop waiting for the perfect time to make a move and take the leap!
7. “I realized that I’m searching, searching for what I really want in life. And you know what? I have absolutely no idea what that is.” — Barney Stinson
You don’t have to have your life figured out in your twenties. Or thirties. It’s okay if you’re still in the process of learning about yourself. You shouldn’t be embarrassed to say you honestly aren’t sure what you want from this world.
8. “You can ask the universe for signs all you want but ultimately we’ll only see what we want to see…when we’re ready to see it.” – Ted Mosby
No one else can tell you how to live your life. No one else can make important decisions for you. It’s up to you. You have complete power over the path you take — and that’s a beautiful thing.
9. “Look, you can’t design your life like a building. You just have to live it…and it’ll design itself.” – Lily Aldrin
It doesn’t matter how much effort you put into planning the perfect life. Everything could change in an instant. Sometimes, your plans are going to fall apart and you’re going to fall off path, but that’s okay. That’s life.
10. “Shouldn’t we hold out for the person who doesn’t just tolerate our little quirks, but actually kind of likes them?” — Ted Mosby
Never settle for someone who can simply handle your baggage. Find someone who appreciates you. Someone who encourages you. Someone who loves every little thing about you, even the parts you were convinced were unlovable.
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: