10 Signs This Relationship Is For Real
1. You feel supported. No matter what you set out to accomplish, you know your person is going to be there to support you. They always encourage you to follow your dreams because they believe in your potential. Even when you start to doubt yourself, they’re there to remind you you’re going to be okay.
2. You feel appreciated. Your partner thanks you whenever you make a sweet gesture or help them out around the house. You never feel like you’re being taken for granted. Your partner notices how much effort you put into the relationship, and they make sure to say thank you.
3. You feel comfortable. Your person never pressures you into doing things that make you uncomfortable. They allow you to make your own decisions and respect whatever you have to say. When you’re with them, you might be filled with butterflies, but other than those happy nerves, you feel completely comfortable with them. In fact, even your silences are comfortable.
4. You feel heard. When your person is with you, they’re paying attention to you, not their phone. You never feel like they’re nodding their head without actually listening to what you’re saying. When you tell stories, they’re engaged. When you give them details about yourself, they remember.
5. You feel safe. You know your person would do anything to protect you. If anyone disrespected you in front of them, then they would have your back. They always do everything within their power to make you feel safe, emotionally and physically.
6. You feel understood. When you’re with your person, you feel like they get you. They don’t make fun of you for your favorite bands, books, or movies. They don’t make you feel awkward or insecure. They make you feel good about yourself.
7. You feel like you’re not alone. Your person is always there for you when you need them. They treat you as a priority, so they won’t ignore you when the timing is inconvenient. They’ll help you whenever you’re struggling. They’re more than your partner. They’re your best friend and your teammate.
8. You feel beautiful. Your person never compares you to anyone else or makes inappropriate comments about your body. They think you look beautiful, whether you’re dressed up or dressed down. They never give you a reason to feel insecure about your looks. As long as you’re happy, they’re happy.
9. You feel loved. You never question whether your person is going to leave, whether they’re going to cheat, whether they care less than you care. You know your person is in love with you because they show it in a million little ways every single day. They make you feel like the luckiest person in the world.
10. You feel like yourself. You aren’t pretending to be someone you’re not in order to impress them. You’re able to show them your real, authentic self without worrying about whether they’ll judge you. You’re confident that they like you exactly the way you are.
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: