5 Ways to Work Your Workout into Your Day
This time of the year can be busy! Navigating work, back to school and sports, it can be easy to skip your workout when time is limited. We’ve come up with some tips to help you schedule your workouts to fit in with your new routine:
Wake Up Early
Exercising first thing in the morning is a great way to start a busy day. However, we know that not everyone loves to work out in the wee hours of the morning, so if that’s not your thing, wake up early to get a head start on your day! It can give you extra time to plan your day and get things done that could get in the way of your scheduled workout.
Plan Your Workouts in Advance
Treat your workouts like they are a work meeting or plans with a friend. This is your time to take care of yourself, so don’t cancel! Make this time a priority and schedule it in advance by putting it on your work or family calendar. VASA’s app can help as well! Schedule gym time and classes in advance on our app. CLICK HERE to learn more about this and other amazing mobile app features!
Find Other Ways to Move More
Let’s face it, there are days that we just can’t fit in a workout. To make up for it, try to fit extra movement into your day. Here are some suggestions, but don’t be afraid to get creative. There are a lot of ways to move your body more during the day!
- Park in the last row of the parking lot to get some extra steps in.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator.
- Stand, or better yet, walk around instead of sitting while on the phone.
- Walk around the block between your classes or meetings at work.
Make Yourself Accountable
If getting to the gym is getting harder, and you feel your motivation slipping, plan to go with a friend! When you have plans to workout with your friends, you are less likely to cancel. You will hold yourself and your friends accountable!
Want to earn money and a new gym buddy? Refer your friends through the VASA app, and you will get a $5 credit for every one of them that joins. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Let Technology Keep You on Schedule
We have all this technology to help us organize our lives, let’s use it! Here are some ways you can stay on task and on schedule so you’re not worried about being late to the next thing on your agenda:
- If you are worried about other engagements, go into your workout with a set amount of time and push yourself to get the most out of that time while you are there. You can set a timing on your phone or watch so you’re not constantly watching the clock and you can focus 100% on yourself.
- Set a reminder on your calendar, phone or watch for your scheduled workouts. Set it to remind yourself when you need to leave or start getting ready to go.
- Use a fitness tracker to keep yourself motivated. There are TONS of activity tracking devices and apps out there. Use one to help you set a goal and stick to it!
When all else fails, think about how great you’ll feel after your work out. We hope these quick tips will help you fit your workouts into your busy day! For more fitness motivation, transformation stories and see what’s going on in the VASA community, follow us on social! Click the links below.
This Content Was Originally Post Here: