Everything in This Turmeric Smoothie Is Good For Your Body
This anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie is everything your body needs right now.
Turmeric, Ginger, and Carrot!
This energy booster turmeric smoothie recipe is full of vitamin C and A, thanks to the lemon and carrot.
You also get a daily boost of potassium from the banana, which is also known to aid digestive health.
Ginger and turmeric are packed with free radicals-fighting and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight against inflammation in the body.
Plus the bright orange color from the carrot gives this drink a refreshing look that makes you want to sip on it all day.
It’s creamy, bright, and tastes delicious!
- 1 cup (180 g) carrots
- 1 cup (240 ml) filtered water
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled, sliced)
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- To make the carrot juice, add the carrots and the filtered water to a powerful high-speed blender and let it blend until on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it is too thick and has trouble blending. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as carrot muffins).
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar – It should be good for several days.
Make Your Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed. For a bit more sweetness, add more banana or pineapple. For acidity, add lemon. For a kick, add more ginger, and for warmth, turmeric is called for.
- Pour into the glass and drink. Enjoy!
You may also like this Watermelon Smoothie Recipe.
About the Author
She co-founded Fitwirr to make health and fitness simple for everyone and share her tips through writing evidence-based articles on nutrition, weight loss, and exercise.
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: