High Protein Noodle Bowl
Detailed meal plans can be hard because we don’t normally eat “ounces” of “nutrients”—we eat meals. Things like hamburgers, tacos, sandwiches, soups (aka: mixed foods).
When first learning how to portion mixed meals it helps to simplify so you can visualize how much you are serving up. But don’t confuse simple for boring or tasteless. A great way to enjoy the flavor of mixed meals, practice portions, AND ditch overly detailed plans is by using noodle or rice bowls.
Here’s what you need:
- 1lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp each: sesame oil, liquid aminos, fish sauce (don’t smell it just add it in)
- Rice noodles
- Purple cabbage
- Toppings: Basil, green onion, chili sauce
Here’s how to make it:
- In skillet combine ground beef, garlic, onion. Cook until meat is done.
- In a food processor (can be done by hand too), dice vegetables.
- Add vegetable mixture, oil, amino, and fish sauce to skillet with meat. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to combine flavors, but keep veggies crisp.
- Serve with 1-2 palm sizes of rice noodles, a big fist full of raw purple cabbage.
- Top with basil, green onion, chili sauce
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: