I’ve Made Countless Jars of This Homemade Ranch Dressing (Nothing Tastes as Good as This One)
This homemade ranch dressing is smooth and creamy, just the thing for your flavorful salad or for dipping your chicken nuggets in.
Making your own homemade versions of your favorite condiments is easy and cost-effective.
Not to mention, it’s a healthier way to dress your favorite dishes while saving money.
Ranch dressing in particular is my favorite to make at home.
It’s quick and versatile.
It’s an easy topping or dip for burgers, pizza, BBQ chicken, french fries, and more.
Featuring things like herbs, mayo, and white vinegar, this homemade dressing has a little kick of flavor.
Yet, it works just as well as a base, so you can put your own touch to it if you want.
You can add anything from parsley, dill, and garlic.
Spices and herbs can give a pack of flavors that really stand out and compliment the dish you are serving.
Ranch Dressing History
So where did this deliciousness actually come from?
Ranch dressing was actually invented in the 1950s.
It was invented along with many other favorites like Russian, Thousand Island, and Italian or olive oil and vinegar dressing.
For some reason, ranch dressing quickly became the favorite and not just for salads.
People love to have a side of ranch for many other foods like chicken wings, vegetable sticks, tater tots, mozzarella sticks, and pizza.
The smooth, creamy texture and slight tang from the buttermilk, make this homemade salad dressing just as good as the commercial brand of the ranch by Hidden Valley.
You might think dipping your pizza in ranch dressing sounds weird, but actually, it tastes really good.
There are so many things you can use this homemade dressing recipe for. Any of these foods like french fries, tater tots, and baked potato wedges can benefit from the flavor of this dressing.
You can even add a spoonful or two to flavor your favorite potato salad. It goes well with just about anything you can imagine.
What Is in This Homemade Ranch Dressing?
The creaminess in this recipe comes from the combination of sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk.
Herbs such as thyme, dill, parsley, chives, salt, and freshly-cracked black pepper, along with garlic, onion, and any additional spices you might want, give this delicious homemade ranch dressing its tangy flavor.
If you don’t happen to have buttermilk for this recipe, you can make a homemade version using regular milk with a tbsp. of lemon juice or white vinegar.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- With a knife, mince the garlic and herbs. Add the salt and make a paste from the garlic and herbs.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add the garlic paste, parsley, chives, dill, paprika, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Taste and adjust the seasonings as you like.
- Pour the ranch dressing into a large glass jar with a lid and place it in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more buttermilk to thin it to the right consistency.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 110Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
1 tablespoon per serving
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: