Writing Advice Every Creative Needs to Hear: 7 Best-Selling Authors Share Their Secrets
There’s something the world’s most successful writers need you to know:
That the right — and wrong — words can make or break your career, your relationships, and the fate of your deepest creative dreams. Before you say, “Okayyyy Marie, you can stop exaggerating now…” Think about it.
With the right words you can…
- Make someone fall in love, or tear their heart to bits.
- Publish a novel that captivates millions, or loses people on page three.
- Sell out your new program, or get nothing but unsubscribes.
What’s the secret to successful writing? In today’s MarieTV, seven brilliant, prolific, best-selling authors share their best writing advice — advice that’ll help you blast through your creative blocks and write like a pro. This diverse group of writers from age 27 to 77 have written everything from novels, memoirs, and poetry, to marketing and commercial collaborations. With 70 books and 28 bestsellers between them — their insights will help make you a better writer, guaranteed.
Watching this episode is like getting 100 years of writing experience in just twenty minutes!
- How to beat perfectionism once and for all.
- The difference between creative writing and copywriting.
- The “Jeopardy Secret” to writing a bestseller.
- Why you must start calling yourself a writer, even if you feel like an imposter.
- What your writer’s block is trying to tell you.
- Why overcoming resistance is more important than talent.
- The ONE piece of advice every creative needs to hear.
If you want to become a better or more prolific writer, grab a notebook now and hit ‘play.’
Want more writing advice from the pros? Watch these MarieTVs for a deep dive with each brilliant author from today’s episode:
- SETH GODIN — “Stop Waiting For The Right Moment”
- ELIZABTH GILBERT on Fear, Authenticity and Big Magic
- COLE SCHAFER — “Why People Ignore Your Writing — And How To Fix It With”
- STEVEN PRESSFIELD: How To Overcome Resistance
- DANI SHAPIRO: Writing Prompts & Why Inspiration Is A Myth
- MORGAN HARPER NICHOLS on How To Make Time For Creativity
- CHERYL STRAYED: Advice Every Creative Needs To Hear
Now, it’s time to turn the spotlight back on you. In the comments below, let us know:
What’s the ONE thing that holds you back from being more consistent and prolific with your writing, and which piece of advice from today’s show can you apply starting now?
Remember, all the insights and aha-moments in the world mean nothing without action to back it up.
So if you’re serious about making higher profits and bigger impact with your words — and want my personal help with your writing — join us for The Copy Cure. Doors won’t be open long, so get in while you can.
You are a brilliant, one-time mega event in the universe — and the world needs your voice.
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: